Monday, August 09, 2010

Location, location, location....


"Popcorn vendor at English Bay"
2007 acrylic on canvas

Derek and Mary were in Vancouver recently and were blown away by our building and location..."best in the entire country"...well, we might even say it's the best in the world! But then, we grew up in Vancouver and had many happy times swimming in the ocean, picnics in Stanley Park, the Zoo, biking and walking around the seawall, and one of the biggest treats was getting popcorn from the vendors all along English Bay. They need to bring these back...maybe I'll start an action group.

As Derek says, you could walk to a new restaurant everyday for a year. And from Cindy, my neighbour, who also grew up in Vancouver:

"I am a very unflattering shade of green right now - Vancouver - my favourite spot, and on English Bay yet! I guess I will have a year-long sojourn vicariously through your blog."