Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A day in Vancouver...






Well, the day began great. I dropped off Jim at UBC and went browsing. First stop Liberty Wine Merchants on 10th Avenue where the first thing I saw at the entrance were reds and rose from Bandol! The owner spent many summers in the Bandol and Sanary region and of course knew Carqueiranne. Then a very interesting Bourbon caught my eye.

I was driving up Dunbar and saw a Home Hardware and remembered a purchase I wanted to make and lo and behold a parking space...wow, what luck. I was gone about 5 minutes and walked out of the store to see my car being towed away! So, a taxi to the Vancouver City Impound...rather interesting drive, though, and somehow I found the whole thing rather funny. Jim didn't. I was 20 minutes late to pick him up and he thought I had been in an accident. I told him he saved money because I didn't have time to get back to that store I spotted with lots of provencale looking things.

So, iPhones for the both of us soon. Monique...I'm finally convinced.

Then to the University Club Golf Course to check it out and have lunch...very impressed and I'm sure we'll play there the most. Mug of Kilkenny, muligitawny soup, and a shrimp sandwich for me (turkey for Jim). Very reasonable prices and excellent food.

Richard arrives momentarily with our iPad all apped and programmed up. Jim's pouring us a pastis and the sun is shining and the water is shimmering...