Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Olympics

Well, I guess I have to post something on the Olympics. We were completely uninterested and of the feeling the money could be better spent on schools, the homeless, medical care, etc. but we are even catching a bit of the Olympic spirit from a distance. I think what we're liking the most is the very positive coverage by NBC of Canada and the games. I guess you can't put a price on this amazing publicity for the city of Vancouver, the province, and the country. I am loving seeing all the wonderful footage of Vancouver and B.C.

Perhaps best appreciated from afar as I think this photo of John's on his photoblog sums it up rather well. Richard says he's lying low like most natives as Disney-like lines seem the order of the day. He did mention there is some good beer going somewhere so it can't be all bad....



February 15th, 2010 — If there is one picture that sums up the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver it’s probably this one. Thousands of people trying to get a picture of the Olympic flame but thwarted by a chain link fence. These people through their taxes may be paying for it but damned if the organizers will let them get close to it.