Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was going to take a break from doing Thanksgiving dinner this year but decided to have it after all. I cooked a small turkey the day before and so I actually enjoyed my dinner on the day rather than being exhausted like usual. I think this is the key...or else having Chinese food like a woman I meet at swimming always does.


The Curlings brought some sparkling sake and it was most interesting to taste...I would have sworn it was made from pears rather than rice. And they also brought a very special burgundy...went extremely well with the turkey.

I told Oscar that cat lovers would be coming and glad he turned up for Ian, Don, and Elaine who get such a kick out of him.





Keeping up a long family tradition of taking a photo of an empty table. I don't use this Provence tablecloth much since it's a bit loud but it suits Thanksgiving with the colours, I think.