Sunday, October 05, 2008

My new toy!

I have been wondering what to do with over 10,000 digital photos that I have on my computer. Of course I do print some up especially those with people in them and I do post a lot on my blog but I was thinking of a way to enjoy them without fuss or muss and the digital photo frame seemed to have possibilities.

I'm really delighted with this technology and have just put all the photos from our four months in 2005 in France (and Brussels) and our trip to France last year in June 2007 on a USB stick that can be inserted into the frame and you can watch these cycle through. It even plays little films you've taken with sound and you can put music with the photos if you want. You can also put in your memory cards from your camera but I have erased these after I uploaded them to my computer. Now I will erase the photos I don't want and keep them for the digital frame.

I've installed the frame in my kitchen window and our plan is to have it on during the day. It's really great to see these memories as we're preparing meals, washing up, and just going through the kitchen for one reason or another. It's given us a lot of pleasure already.

This is a great additional way to enjoy your photos so think of giving it a try!



The photo on the screen at the moment I took this photo is of the Thursday market in our wonderful little village of Carqueiranne. This is a display of dry saucage. I figured Don would love it.