Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wish all my blog readers a joyful and tasty Thanksgiving!

Since this is the time when family gathers I thought it particularly appropriate that I post this photo of a bedspread that my grandmother made. I've been in a cleaning out mode and don't use the bedspread my grandmother made for me or the one she made for my mother. Crocheted things just really aren't our style. Fern was delighted to have the bedspreads and kept my mother's (the one in the photo) and gave mine to her sister Lynda who was also delighted to have it. I've kept the tablecloth she did as a memento and I have displayed it from time to time. Seeing them and knowing they are enjoyed gives me a lot of pleasure as my memories of my grandmother almost alway include her crocheting one of these squares. She made bedspreads and tablecloths for both her daughters and her three grand-daugthers and for perhaps even her two daughters-in-law...not sure about that.

We're having a larger group than usual and I'm really looking forward to it. Richard and Claudia are coming over from Vancouver. Monique and her niece from France are coming as well as the Curlings and Ian.