Saturday, May 03, 2008

Pecan Street Festival

I haven't had my computer for few days so wasn't able to upload my photos. I now have my new computer and it seems to be working pretty well. Richard figures I got a pretty good deal since the new ones are faster. As long as it keeps working well I'll be happy...it was pretty frustrating to go through two major repairs on a brand new computer.

Anyway...after a hair raising trip to the mall where the Apple dealership is located we went to the Pecan Street Festival going on downtown. We've driven all over the world but Texas is the most confusing place to drive. When I dropped off my computer a few days ago I got hopelessly lost and ended up somehow finding my way home where I called a taxi. With Jim driving today and me as navigator we made it...but barely.

We had lunch at a Cajun restaurant called Roux...we began with their special drink "a hurricane" 5 types of rum and fruit juices, then an oyster porboy for me and a moufellata (sp) for Jim (a pretty interesting mix of meats and cheeses). Guess we ended up in some happy hour because Lone Star beer was $1.50.


This photo was from our meat mixed grill plae at Vespasio...delicious! The marrow was to die for.






These people were eating crawfish at Roux...that's what we'll have next.



Beef brisket is a big thing here...the real Texas Bar-b-q, so not surprised to find it in a taco.


The fellow playing the accordian wasn't great but it was a treat to watch the man in the background enjoying his smoked turkey leg!




How they make popcorn in Texas...