Saturday, May 26, 2007

After work drink in the pub


After work drink in the pub
Originally uploaded by jsexton
This is our closest pub so I guess it's our local. It's on Sloane Ave which is quite a quiet street. It's always great people watching seeing the workers coming out for a drink after work...almost 7:30 when this seemed to happen. I hope the weather isn't too bad since this is a bank holiday weekend. It's been almost too hot so I'm glad of the cooler weather but I hope the rain stays away.

We had dinner here last night and they offer a pretty good deal with about 10 of their dinner main courses on for 2 for 6.95 pds. Now, if you know London those are good prices. I had scampi which was rather ordinary but ok but Jim had a chicken breast with a cheese and bacon melt which was amazining good. I'm sure we'll return to try out other things.

We have three restaurants a few steps away we're saving for downpours.