Friday, August 25, 2006

"The Drive"

Commercial Drive is becoming rather trendy but still retains that wonderful ethnic buzz and a certain raffish quality. Given the house prices I hope it doesn't get too gentrified but I think that's inevitable.





You can get real hungry walking around here.



A real old classic neon sign.



You know you're in an international area when you see this kind of window display.



Being a real olive lover (my Dad used to bring me home a small jar of olives on payday instead of a chocolate bar) I couldn't resist this photo.



Funny how Venice is a place we think we know quite well since we see so many pictures but you have to be there to really feel just how wonderful it is.



When we were growing up in Vancouver we never in a million years would have thought people would be pleased to wear a Commercial Drive t-shirt!