Friday, September 02, 2005

Can you say "podcasting"?

This is a recent technology that I think could motivate me to buy an iPod. My trusty old walkman and cd's are fine for any amount of music I would want to listen to but with this technology I could listen to radio programs from BBC and CBC and also access newspapers in audio form all when I want to and without having to be connected to an Internet connection (except for the initial downloading). This could really work when we're travelling and aren't particularly interested in the local media (i.e. France is sooo boring for TV, radio, and newspapers) and when Internet connection isn't that easy (France takes the cake on that one again).

Another great advantage of having an iPod is being able to download and view my photos without having to lug around the laptop.

I found this site on podcasting to be a good overview.