Monday, December 19, 2016

A lovely walk in the sunshine and really quite warm...

These first ones were all taken in Canyon Sands.  I just finished making fresh orange juice.  We picked up some grapefruits and found a great tangelo orange tree by one of the pools on our walk.
Four oranges made 16 oz of juice.



Too bad our tennis days are over...6 courts hardly ever used.



I never tire of these mountain views.



 Every year they do more of the desert landscaping...looks great and saves water.



I like the way this neighbour picked up the red of the bougainvillea in his Christmas decorations.




Canyon Sands is in the neighbourhood named "Melody Ranch" because the area around here was once part of Gene Autry's ranch.  A lot of the neighbourhoods in Palm Springs have signs now so tourists are aware of where they are in terms of old time neighbourhoods that have historical significance.



We walked around where the golf course is.  We usually are driving this street and I hadn't noticed that a cross street was named "Birdie"...very appropriate!



I quite like these Santa Fe style condos...reminds me of New Mexico and Georgia O'Keefe.