Friday, October 28, 2016

Painting, Happy Hour and early dinner at The Sylvia

I actually started doing a painting yesterday.  I had cleaned up my painting area so it's easier to use and also made it bigger by getting rid of some things at the foot of the bed.  One was the octagonal table that was a Chris Bing Oak Bay Dump find that I had painted "Mary's red" and sailboats on top.  There really isn't a lot of room to leave items for people here and I know the management isn't too keen on clutter in that area so we were thrilled when a young woman in the elevator said she really wanted it....how lucky was that for everyone!

For the painting I decided to just play around with shapes and use one colour and one size of paintbrush and no planning.  It isn't finished and I may do another colour today with another size paintbrush.  I'm rather enjoying seeing where it will go!