Saturday, October 22, 2016

Comments on my "Creative Fire" creation from Lisa Maclean, the teacher.

"Hi Janice: I really enjoy the variety of you've been able to get in your lines using a minimalist palette - I like the contrast between the harder, straighter black lines of the tower and the more delicate patterned curved filigree lines. Your detailed account of what you discovered through the process is also very interesting. The first piece reminded me of this Leger painting, The City, which also includes the Eiffel Tower:"
I thought this was an interesting response and I love Leger too but wasn't familiar with this particular painting.

Leger, The City
"It might be interesting to create a diptych (two part work with side by side images joined together), using both your black and white images to juxtapose & contrast the hard edges of the first one with the softness of the animal piece. I took the liberty of trying it to to show you:"
Ah...a diptych.  What a great idea.  I just might explore this idea more.

"The Mondrian-like piece is lovely, too - I love the visual illustration of the mental journey you took through these three pieces."