Sunday, May 31, 2015

Especially for Erna who missed seeing the VanDusan Gardens

Erna missed seeing these gardens and so many other lovely sites so I was thrilled when Carol sent me an email today with some photos of her garden that she had been working in and she also mentioned that she had walked to the VanDusan Gardens to enjoy their wonderful displays.

From Carol today:

However, a person must also have some fun, so I have also been in the garden staking delphiniums, which look beautiful with the peonies and pink roses that are just coming out now. Blue, purple and pink, one of my favourite combinations. The mock orange under our bedroom window is out now too, so that is pretty and smells good. I also played hookey long enough this afternoon to take a walk to VanDusen Gardens, where the roses are in full bloom. Very beautiful, as is the pond/lake, covered in water lilies. We should take a walk there one day when you are all recovered.