Friday, January 23, 2015

Painting

I had a lot of fun with this.  Ever since I saw the Southwest Art Festival poster (posted previously) and learned that the artist poured his paint I've been meaning to "pour a Mondrian".   I was inspired to do it by a book Susan recommended "Living Color:  A Writer Paints Her World" by Natalie Goldberg.  I had read her "Writing Down the Bones" years ago when I was doing my Masters.   It was in the Palm Springs Library so I picked it up and just loving her use of colour and ignoring of perspective and any other painting rule.  Mary,  you would like her painting I'm sure.

So,  this morning,  in between reading the sections of the newspaper,  I poured my Mondrian.  I also used a bit of brushwork,  sponge,  and black Sharpie.   Hey,  Susan,  does this make me a mixed media artist…:)

"Poured Mondrian"
16 x 20 acrylic on canvas
Jan/15



She lives in Taos and this is an adobe house which of course would never actually be blue but she felt like doing it that way….love it!