Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Lunch with the Vancouver Retired Teachers Association

Jim and I went to the first day of school lunch yesterday.  It was held at the Royal Vancouver Yacht Club so I was quite interested to go there since I had never been (Jim has been invited there a couple of times).  Quite the place and a great lunch.  We were at a table where the Walking Group was and they were a very nice group of ladies who invited me to join them on their weekly walks.  We get quite a bit of walking so not sure I'll do that but it would be a friendly group to be with.  And I won a door prize!

A set of cards by Jill Louise Campbell from Saltspring.  This series is called "Walking Through Europe" and I quite love the colours and subject matter even though the paintings aren't quite to my taste. I see she sells these packs of cards for $24.50.

A few Yacht Club scenes...started off a very dark day but sunshine later.  The last one is the carpet...guess they had it made specially.




And Gerry Tiede gave a super slide presentation and talk on his teaching experience in Zambia.  He and his wife had done this before and this time took a number of other teachers with them...wonderful work they are doing.  And he also showed us slides from a couple of safaris....amazing photos.