Friday, April 19, 2013

Ah...some relaxation at last...before the Victoria onslaught

We went to one of our favourite restaurants in downtown Palm Springs today,  Pommes Frites, for lunch and had their $14.95 three course lunch and got misted in the process...just love it!

We started with their fresh pea soup with tarragon.  I'm generally not  pea soup fan but fresh peas I love and their soups are excellent.  Then their wonderful "fish and chips"....real French fries and wonderful grilled tilapia.  Then floating island and flan (shared) and of course a bottle of red wine.



 There's this place called "The Pub" next door.  We've never tried it but I think we must one day...quite a deal for 8 bucks.

It's not only great to be misted while dining it's such a pleasure to have a table by the sidewalk like we did and see people with joyful expressions walking through the mist.
 My new hat from World Market

I did so want to buy one of these flamingos for the patio but Jim said he'd wrap it around my neck...