Friday, July 20, 2012

What a difference a day makes....

Woke up to this today but at least we can look at our palm trees and tropical plants in our new garden...heavy rain is tropical, isn't it?  I notice they're setting up the Celebration of Light barge or I think it's that.  Good thing we had a long lunch with rosé wine on our balcony yesterday,  an especially warm swim,  and finally dinner at the Sylvia.  It was a beautiful evening but some folks came in from a recent swim and were cold so the restaurant provided them with blankets...nice touch.


 While  I was waiting for Jim to pick up a book at the library at UBC the other day I went for a little walk and came across the Ponderosa building where I used to often eat lunch when I was at UBC.  The pine tree is still fabulous and obviously even taller and there were lots of pine cones around so picked up some....a nice souvenir of UBC. I took this photo at the dining table so you can see a bit more of our new garden out the window.