Monday, July 23, 2012

B.C. Sports Hall of Fame

Richard, Jim, and I had a lot of fun at the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame at B.C. place.  Great displays for Terry Fox and Rick Hansen and fun things to do like bubble hockey and loads of other things for kids for birthday parties.  We all had fun doing the soccer and I got the first goal...not bad considering I had actually never kicked a soccer ball in my life.  Girls didn't play soccer at school when I was growing up and while I played touch football and baseball with the boys in the neighbourhood,  soccer wasn't a neighbourhood game. 

Not much of a day for swimming so we played pitch and putt...Richard was off to a wedding in Richmond and a 12 course Chinese meal.

 Jim and Richard is front of the statue of Percy Williams.  My Dad was at school with him and ran in the school track meet with him.


 A tie game in bubble hockey.


 They had a viewing window for the field in B.C. Place.  Amazing huge TV screens with fabulous quality.


B.C. Place