Thursday, October 20, 2011

In France, eating is a rapturous experience

From Shelley Fralic in The Vancouver Sun:

"I am one of those travellers who takes photographs of food, of most every meal I consume while in an locale where the cuisine is as tempting as it is sometimes unfamiliar, where memories of a trip are found not just in the architecture and culture of a new adventure, but at the table of a local eatery; eggplant Parmesan in Pescara, muskox burgers in Nunavut, chile relleno in Guadalajara, filet mignon at the Watergate Hotel, mushy peas in London, fresh-grilled baby octopus in Mykonos, cod cheeks in St. John’s."

Read more: In France, eating is a rapturous experience

I certainly agree and here are a few of my food photos from one of my favourite places in the world...the weekly market in Carqueiranne.