Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Photos: The 12 coolest libraries in the world

In the TC today as part of their Raise a Reader campaign. We've been in a few of these wonderful libraries...the one's I've posted photos of here.

Photos: The 12 coolest libraries in the world


British Museum Reading Room. Probably hadn't seen too many libraries when I first saw it in 1972.


Vancouver Public Library...my all time favourite, of course!


Seattle Public Library. Saw this a couple of years ago...absolutely fabulous!


Yale University's Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library. Well, I wouldn't want to be a student in New Haven where Yale is. We had a heck of a time finding it and got lost. While Jim was in the Beinecke doing research I explored the town which has almost nothing of interest that I could find and it even seemed hard to find a place to have a drink. Guess it's a good place to be studious....


Trinity College, Dublin. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful...and made even more wonderful by The Book of Kells.