Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor


I think it would be hard not to like Elizabeth Taylor. She certainly seemed to live life to the full and many of her movies gave many people pleasure. And what a love story with Richard Burton.

I enjoyed these quotes:

"Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses."

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."

"When people say, 'She's got everything', I've got one answer - I haven't had tomorrow."



Ian sent me this photo as the one that resonated the most with him since she told Larry King that Mike Todd was the husband who was her soulmate. It is a wonderful photo of Liz, baby Liza, and Mike. Taken in 1957. Mike Todd died in a plane crash in 1958.