Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Getting my studio set up and first painting planned







I've really been missing painting since I brought all my painting materials to Vancouver in the summer since my messy studio at home became a kitchen eating area for sale purposes. I'm using the eating area here for my studio/office and we've put the dining table right in front of the best view.

I wasn't quite sure what was going to inspire my first painting here but a walk yesterday afternoon made it pretty clear...I guess I should have guessed it would be my freighters and the view but I didn't have any preconceived ideas since my first real painting ever and my first painting in France was completely different than what I thought it would be. In fact, almost all my paintings in France that year were different subjects than I thought I would be painting.