Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sooo....many cool things!

I finally am getting a chance to play with my iPad and iPhone. I just learned I can use a function called "voice control" on my iPhone and talk to it to do things like "play the Rolling Stones" or phone a number for me. Not quite there yet as it played ABBA but I guess it will get it right eventually.

I had got the app for Netflix but now I learn that there is a new Apple TV device coming out this week that allows you to play the streaming movies on your big TV. Before you had to play it on your computer, iphone, ipad devices. Now this isn't such a big problem for us since we have the cable to hook my computer to the TV but I think it will be worth getting.

If you don't know about Netflix check it out and get a free month. It's unlimited movies for $7.98...no kidding! And I know that all or almost all the films at the Palm Springs Film Festival end up on Netflix.