Saturday, July 17, 2010

Synchronicity



Red Beard's Revenge Pirate Ship Playhouse from PoshTots...cost: $52,000.00

A rather interesting synchronicity today as I received an email from an old neighbourhood friend I haven't seen since school and the local paper had a photo and story of kids' playhouses so got me thinking of what we played with in our neighbourhood.

A tin can for "kick the can" was the big neighbourhood game along with a bat and ball for softball on the local vacant lot. Our playhouse was the big hollow stump in Central park that we rode our horses (made from saplings with rope for a bridle) to. My favourite toy was my stove my Dad made out of four wooden cheese boxes, jam lids painted black for elements and empty thread spools for the knobs.

Times have changed....


And if parents really want to show their love they can buy the Tumble-Outpost for $122,730.00

Tumble Outpost at PoshTots