Friday, December 04, 2009

The final voyage...

Well, my yellow submarine took its final voyage yesterday and will perhaps will end up being recycled into a Toyota Prius...that would be an honorable end!

We had our new gas furnace installed yesterday and the old oil tank was removed. I will miss this since it was one of the first objects I painted. Jim wanted to convert to gas years ago because the oil tank was "ugly" so I made it pretty! I have taken photos and will get one blown up to poster size and put it on the wall there.

The fellows who removed it got quite a kick out of it since they had seen ones painted cows and pigs but never a yellow submarine...well, of course not! What was also neat was one of the guy's younger brother who was helping as well and learning the business apparently listened to the song constantly as a kid...it was his favourite.