Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bob Hope Classic Golf Tournament

This was fun today as we had never been to a golf tournament. We saw the leaders tee off and also followed Mike Weir for a few holes. There was quite a Canadian contingent following him even though he wasn't doing that well...in fact, he double bogeyed one hole we watched. He went into the water, then missed a 6 ft putt.

We got a few freebies. Jim won a water bottle for sinking a putt on a carpet and I got lipsyl and breath mints for missing! There was this fabulous photo in the Desert Sun today of about a dozen longhorn sheep that came down to graze on the golf course yesterday

Of course, no photos because cell phones and cameras are not allowed. There won't be any photos for a while as I've taken my MacBook into a dealer here and they have since shipped it to Apple Depot so will be out of commission for a week. Let's hope they can fix it this time. At least at Apple Depot they have all the parts available so I don't have to do this dance in Canada of waiting for parts. Frustrating to have problems with a new computer (they already replaced the motherboard in Canada) but c'est la vie, I guess. It also puts my iPod out of commission as I forgot my other charger (just too much of a rush getting ready, Xmas, and a renter coming in...it's a wonder we remembered as much as we did...) I can charge it with my computer but not Jim's of course.