Thursday, February 01, 2007

Our wonderful oasis

It's such a pleasure to come to Harris Ranch... palm trees, orange groves, adobe spanish style around this great outdoor pool. Much cost a fortune to heat it and the large hottub. Normally I wouldn't want a pool quite so warm but it feels heavenly. Just like last year the first thing I heard when I stepped out on our patio was the sound of hundreds of birds singing. You don't hear many birds when you're doing this type of trip in hotels. Big olive tree country around Sacremento...makes me think of the south of France. Living in paradise begins...

I'm having coffee while Jim is getting sufficient courage to rise. It's a sunny cloudless day and no one's in the pool so will have it all to myself (again...Jim swam yesterday but it's not something he does in the morning.

Just another 4 1/2 hours or so and we'll be in Palm Springs!

For those of you who are reading my blog I really look forward to getting emails from home when I'm on the road.