Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!

My friend Linda's mom always made great fudge for the neighbourhood trick or treaters and it was a great hit with our parents, particularly my father who thought it was the best fudge ever. I think I did manage to get the odd piece. The Halloween we decided we were too cool to trick or treat was quite a disappointment for him until the fudge arrived all for himself with a little poem attached. Linda's mom was always doing neat stuff like that.

I think the most memorable Halloween with Richard was the year he decided to be the "Headless Horseman" and insisted on wearing a real pumpkin so he could be really scary.
I made numerous attempts to scoop it out enough so it wouldn't be too heavy or too icky and eventually the whole thing fell apart and many tears ensued. I did manage to find some orange construction paper and we hastily made a paper mask...not very high on the scare index. I think the following is more the image Richard had in mind.