Friday, February 03, 2006

Another Day in Paradise

Jim had a super game of golf yesterday and is very impressed with the golf course here.

Although it's up to 80F in the day we aren't feeling the heat because it's so dry and it cools off at night. We haven't had to use the air conditioning at all and can sleep at night with the window open and under a duvet. We have a cool refreshing breeze all night and can be on our patio all day until the sun goes down. Beautiful sunsets over the mountains. The condos here are very well designed for heat...all on one level in groups of about five and adobe style with large overhangs on the patio.

Now, compare this to a colleague of Jim's who is on a year's sailing at the moment...I always figured sailors had a screw loose (just rubbing it in a bit for my sailing fanatic friends!)

"After spending two weeks in Zihuatenejo, I haven't fallen in love with this place the way many people have..... Why don't I love it here? Well, it's simple. It's just too bloody hot and humid. I have NEVER been too hot anywhere I have vacationed, but this is a killer. It's been 95 degrees with 90 percent humidity for several days in a row. Now, this would be fine if we're staying in an air conditioned room with a shower and an ice maker down the hall. Of course, Salacia has none of these luxuries. Oh, what I'd do for a cool breeze. "

Give me 1200 sq ft of terra ferma anyday!