Monday, January 22, 2018

Comfort food

I made my Autumn soup since temps were supposed to be in the 60's but seems to be warmer with tomorrow being totally sunny and 75 F.   Absolute clear blue skies today and no wind so should be a great swim.

The soup turned out particularly wonderful.  I used chicken bouillon since I didn't have beef on hand.  Maybe I'll alway use that.


We hit the Cathedral City Library yesterday since it's open on a Sunday unlike most of the local ones.   We hit the jackpot.  They have an area of free books and we have picked up the odd one there but this time we picked up half a dozen!  Then we bought around half a dozen.  Prices are the cheapest of all the libraries.

A couple I'm interested in reading.


They have lots of activities for people and this free gardening course sounded great for gardeners.


Quite an interesting calendar.