Monday, December 11, 2017

Palm Springs Art Museum...wonderful as always.



“When one comes away from an art gallery with a sense of being irradiated, often it is as much from the colors one has absorbed as from the visions of the artists. Much of the thrill of spring, I think, is because of the return of color.”

-- Ross Parmenter, The Awakened Eye


We spent time in the Make it Modern exhibit.  These are part their permanent collection and we had seem quite a few of them but not all.

Love these Calders.  I'm looking  directly at my "Calders" while I'm doing this post.  I loved doing them.





And some other modern artists.



These are all plates by Picasso.  We had seen some of them but the whole collection is on show at the moment.





Another Picasso we hadn't seen.


These Man Ray portraits were rather fun.



We hadn't seen these Matisse drawings.


And two more of my Henry Moore's were hiding out here.  These used to be outside at the entrance.



And I can never get enough of this glasswork by Chihuly.


We finished off by going to the Latin American section.  Some very interesting old stuff along with some new.

These little paintings from New Mexico were very appealing to me.



The old....




Well,  as I said...can't get enough of this glasswork.



I remember seeing the original installation of 250 glass rocks.  I'm glad they have some of them.




When we first saw this,  it looked completely black.  As you get further it becomes this shimmering blue.  It's made of paint,  glass and metal.


And yet another Picasso..."Angry Crow" I think it's called.