Wednesday, December 13, 2017

A wonderful treat!



A "Hot off the Press" book at the Palm Springs library was "Sleep No More" by P.D. James.  This is a collection of six short stories that were published individually.  It seems she has written 12 over the years according to this article.

https://somethingisgoingtohappen.net/2016/02/10/playful-ghoulishness-of-a-crime-queen-by-r-t-raichev/

I expect the others weren't included because they aren't that good but who knows?  I have read the first one and loved it.  What a delight to get something new by P.D.

And it is a break from Annie Proulx's "Barkskins" which is quite a saga from 1693-2013 and runs 713 pages.  I have read 568.  I have been tempted to stop reading it then she gets me interested again.  She is quite a story teller to be sure.  I did love The Shipping News and never wanted to stop reading that.