Monday, September 11, 2017

Itty Bitty Book Review: "Glass Houses" by Louise Penny

Wow....I really loved this novel!   I don't know how she keeps getting better.

I really liked the "Author's Note".

"Some might argue that Three Pines itself isn't real, and they'd be right, but limited in their view.  The village does not exist physically.  But I think of it existing in ways that are far more important and powerful.  Three Pines is a state of mind.  When we choose tolerance over hate.  Kindness over cruelty.  Goodness over bullying.  When we choose to be hopeful, not cynical.  Then we live in Three Pines.

I don't always make those choices, but I do know when I'm in the wilderness, and when I'm in the bistro.  I know where I want to be, and I know how to get there.  And so do you--otherwise you would still not be with me, reading this."