Friday, July 07, 2017

I did think Girl Guide cookies were a bit of an odd choice....

For once I didn't open my present early and so it was the morning and I'm not too swift in the morning.  Elaine was at the gym when I phoned this morning and then on her Friday bike ride with friends when I phoned later and then we went out.  I got an email saying "I hope you realize the box does not contain Girl Guide cookies!"  So,  another present to open.

Three bottles of balsamic vinegar from Salt Spring....plum cherry,  raspberry,  and Salt Spring classic.
I can't wait to try them.


I decided to give Jim a treat and we went to the Italian Kitchen downtown to have their Friday special...$12 pasta and glass of wine.  It was excellent and Jim mentioned it was my birthday so we got some wonderful chocolate cake on the house.  Then we went to the Bill Reid Art Gallery (free the first Friday from 2-4pm).   More on all that another day.   All photos taken with my new camera.  I'm quite pleased with the quality.



Jim's spaghetti bolognese....his favourite pasta dish.



My penne tomato pomodoro...wonderful!





Chocolate cake on the house!