Thursday, June 29, 2017

Jim home safely

Jim arrived home in pretty bad shape yesterday afternoon....all stuffed up,  coughing,  and pretty much deaf.  He is a bit better today and his ears seem to be clearing so that's a really positive sign.  On the bright side,  it looks to be a perfect day for weather and some pins from my Provence board on Pinterest came up.  I do love the colours and simplicity of these posters which I believe are all vintage although some may be newer.



I do love this one from Carqueiranne.  The tulip is the city flower as they grow these wonderful tulips that are like little trees....none of these local drooping things we get locally.   So,  here you have the idea of the tulip fields and then the stylized tulips at the bottom.  And I love the way they've done the trees.   They are all there....the palm,  the cyprus,  and the umbrella pines.  Ah...well,  not quite all of them....they didn't include the olive tree.  I can see why.  The shape wouldn't have contributed to the design.  I'm now looking at our favourite poster of this area and it has the cyprus,  olive trees,  and palms but no umbrella pine.  Looking at it,  I can't really see how it would fit and then of course,  it's best to have threes,  or fives, etc.