Wednesday, June 07, 2017

A balmy evening

Last night we went down to English Bay thinking to go to the Cactus Club for dinner but then decided to get a hot dog and sit on a bench.   It must have been the warmest evening Vancouver has had since last summer and people were definitely taking advantage of it.  It's always a pleasure to see so many people enjoying the wonderful amenities of Vancouver.   We finished off by having a Red Truck Ale at The Sylvia.

I googled "English Bay Hot Dog Vendor"  and none of the photos of our usual guy were able to be uploaded but surprisingly,  John's photo of one of the old popcorn vendors did come up!

In a recent blog post I mentioned how corn on the cob and tomatoes were one of my best food experiences.  Next is stopping for popcorn from one of these vendors after a day at Stanley Park with my family.   I guess the espresso wagons didn't last long.  I don't remember ever seeing one.

n the 1960’s and 1970’s popcorn vendors with their quaint wagons lined the street next to English Bay in Vancouver. All of a sudden they disappeared, replaced by hot dog stands and espresso wagons.