Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Stewart Galleries....finally!

We always pass these and are always intrigued but we are usually passing on a Monday to go to Bill's Pizza and they are closed.  Today we were at Fisherman's Market for a final lunch out in Palm Springs and we decided to go have a look.  Prices are high since we do so much thrift store purchases these days,  but they have a really interesting stock and it is really quite beautifully laid out.  I even got a few ideas for things I might make myself.

I could fashion this golf golf club lamp.




These are architect models of NYC buildings.



I think I will definitely make some palette end tables!




And this is a vintage palette.



Now,  if it could just get these old disks I had back again....ah well.   They meant a lot since my first computer was a Macintosh which took these disks.  I think most of mine were a rather dull beige.  It does inspire me to look around at what just might be art.




And I had lots of old fishing tackle and that also would have made nice memories since all the fishing I did was up at my parent's summer place on Gabriola Island.





Did Jim ever tell you about the time he and his friends just had one boxing glove....