Saturday, April 29, 2017

Colds arrive, cancelled plans, no fun for a while...

These wretched viruses these days.   They just don't follow a normal pattern.  I was convincing myself allergies were the problem....all these things blooming.   Maureen and I had this wonderful seat at The Sylvia basking in the sunshine yesterday and I seemed to be over whatever was brewing.   But I had a terrible night coughing,  sneezing,  etc.  Now that I'm up it doesn't seem so bad other than feeling like I've been run over by a truck since I didn't get much sleep.  Jim seems to be getting my symptoms now.  And we all know what a Man Cold is...

We were really looking forward to having dinner at Dick and Susan's tonight and going to see Maudie at International Villages and perhaps lunch in Chinatown was on the agenda for tomorrow.  Ah well...we haven't had colds for a year and at least I got my doctors and dentist appointments out of the way.

This story and images from Palm Springs brightened my day.

http://www.curbed.com/2017/4/28/15473714/palm-springs-coachella-art-design-modernism


A pink door has become such a famous Instagram destination it was part of a Modernism Week bike tour.



Chiaozza Gardens at Coachella Music Festival.



Doug Aitken’s insanely popular installation Mirage for Desert X






A freshly painted mural by Block Shop at the Ace Hotel & Swim Club in Palm Springs
 Courtesy of Ace Hotel & Swim Club