Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Will this novel make the cut?



We picked up this lovely commemorative edition at the Palm Springs Library Book Nook.  This author is from  Punjab and Jim used a wonderful story of his last year with his Columbia College students who were mainly from this region.  They loved it!  I love having it in this new edition of the orange.  Almost all our orange penguins are pretty old.

I hope I finish this novel as I gave up on Zadie Smith's "Swing Time".  I did enjoy the first 90 pages so that's further than I've got with her others since White Teeth.   I didn't think Richard Russo would disappoint but after about 200 pages of "Everybody's Fool",  it began to seem rather more of the same.  

If this doesn't work out I'll fall back on some Alexander McCall Smith I purchased recently at a book Nook.