Friday, February 10, 2017

Yum, yum, yum

Safeway has fresh whole Nova Scotia lobster,  cooked for your convenience, on this week beginning today so of course I had to pick one up.  And it worked out perfectly as Jim had a job interview today at Douglas College (yes,  my crazy husband just might end up having worked in every college and university in the lower mainland...).   It was a perfect opportunity to chow down on one of my favourite foods and get rid of the shells and smell before he came home.  Jim feels lobster and crab smell too much and are too much  "work".  Now,  this is my kind of work!   I'm so thoughtful to have eaten this lobster all myself.

I really miss the fresh tank at Thrifty's in Victoria.  We're close to two locations of the Daily Catch but they won't cook the crab and lobster for you.  Perhaps Safeway here will start doing this on a regular basis and perhaps they could be talked into bringing in crab too.  I'll have to instruct them not to clean the crab.  You need to just gently pick out the innards with a wet paper towel to keep the flavour.   The spray tap they use to clean them takes all the flavour away.  Jim may have to get another job....

Well,  just in case this is a one off I think I might have to make this my purchase from Safeway to get free parking when I go for my treatments next week.