Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Vorst


Richard and I loved reading this story.  Like Alexander,  I think I may move to Australia.

Well,  this is the kind of day I had yesterday for at least part of it.  My treatment was a late one, 4:30, always a drag since you get into major rush hour and then of course it was raining hard.  My skin had a very bad reaction over the long weekend so they wanted me to stay to see a nurse and be treated so ended up home even later than usual.  Still rush hour at 6:30 or maybe it was because of some special events.  Loads of people heading into town on the Granville Bridge.

I stopped swimming about a week ago because of the irritation and the nurse yesterday informed me that swimming probably won't be possible until 4 weeks after I stop treatment and that the side effects peak around 2 weeks after treatment ends.  So much to look forward to!

Well,  we'll be in PS and perhaps I'll join Nicki and Stan in some of their  morning exercise classes they do.  I think they do some balance stuff and chair yoga.  I usually just want to do my swim in the sunshine in the morning but perhaps this will be an opportunity to do other things that are probably very good for you.

I picked up a lobster at Safeway before heading home and there was a wonderful rib steak waiting for Jim to cook it to perfection...which he did!

And one thing about being at the Cancer Agency,   you always see someone a lot worse off than yourself.

I'm meeting Susan for lunch today after my treatment so that is something to brighten up this gloomy rainy day!