Tuesday, January 10, 2017

My Daily Trek

I began the first of my 30 radiation treatments yesterday.    The idea of having to do this 5 times a week for 6 weeks seemed onerous initially but I actually enjoy driving the route to the B.C. Cancer Agency at 10th and Heather.   It's about a 15 -20 minute drive and I get free parking at the City Square Shopping Centre a block away with a Safeway purchase...never a problem.   It seems like I'll be in and out of treatment in about a half hour.  They have the process quite streamlined.

And I get to drive through the parts of this wonderful city that I love so much.  I go over the Cambie Bridge on the way over and that is preceded by driving down Nelson Street with all its wonderful wooden heritage houses.  I love seeing False Creek from the bridge.

* I snagged the bridge photos off the Internet....you can't stop on the bridges!


Then back over the Granville Bridge.


Then along Beach Avenue and through Stanley Park by the tennis courts.