Saturday, January 28, 2017

Chili with biscuits

I couldn't find my recipe for chili so adapted one that seemed similar

1 lb ground beef
2 onions chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 28 oz  can diced tomatoes
1 28 oz can kidney beans (drained)
1 16 oz can tomato sauce
2- 3  tbsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika...smoked if you have it.  I had some from Trader Joe's
1 tsp tumeric (the recipe called for cumin which I didn't have)
1 tsp salt
a few drops tabasco
1/2 cup water if needed

  1. Cook ground meat with onions and peppers.  Add tomatoes, sauce, seasonings, and water, bring to a boil.  Add beans, cover and simmer 1-2 hours.
Yum,  yum,  yum

The dough....so easy peasy..



 The herb packet in melted butter.  You brush this on after the biscuits are ready.


The biscuits!


The chili....perfect!

    1.  
    2. And the biscuits were a complete breeze thanks to Linda and Costco!  I put the rest in tin foil and it will be interesting to see how they are tomorrow.