Friday, December 30, 2016

The sun peaks out....

And I do see some snow on some of the mountains but won't show up with the clouds.  Lots of shopping and organizing but pretty much settled in now.  I had a great swim this morning and the flamingo mosaic is always nice to look at.

Usually there are one or two seagulls on this roof.  A whole flock seem to be around now.



We're seeing a lot of Lost Lagoon now with all the leaves down.  Just used my iPhone so not showing up too well in this photo.



 I'm always amazed at how resilient cacti are.  This one drowned in rain,  snow,  and freezing temps still going strong.  We had this experience with cacti in Victoria too.



This little palm tree is doing well too.  A nice reminder of the desert.


Taken around 4:30 with my camera from the balcony....you can see some of the snow...