Sunday, November 27, 2016

I actually did a painting....

I did this quite quickly and worked from a bougainvillea blossom.  I usually only work from photos but it was easy to pick one from the bush that comes over our wall and bring it in.  Erna trimmed it nicely on our side before we arrived.  I realize I didn't bring any of my good brushes.   The head kept coming off the one I was using.  Well,  it's kind of like when I first began painting in Carqueiranne in 2002.  I only had 3 brushes and red,  blue,  yellow,  black,  and white paint.

I was pleased to get the colour out of a tube.  It's called deep magenta.  I bought a set of cheap small tubes on a Michel's 40% off last year.

 "Erna's Bougainvillea"
11 x 14 acrylic on canvas
Painted in Palm Springs Nov. 27 , 2016.






Bougainvillea Blossom