Monday, July 11, 2016

Storage space and wall space....

I can hardly believe how much extra storage space and how much wall space for art etc. we will have after everything is sorted.  Everything was pretty stuffed in The Flamingo and yet there was all this space that wasn't really usable.  There wasn't any room in the Master bedroom there except for dressers and the bed.  Here, I have my desk,  filing cabinet and set up my studio....and lots of wall space.  We have much more closet space here as well.  So it's all working out.

Pink bathroom fixtures make a perfect spot for the flamingos Mary gave me when we moved to The Flamingo...and very retro mid-century modern!



One of Elaine's birthday gifts for me....a soap dish from Paris with a lavender design and lavender soap from Provence are a perfect match.



And this candle from Paris is another great addition....gift from Elaine,  of course.



Even with all this stuff in it,   the bedroom has quite a spacious feel I think because there is quite a bit of space in front of the closet.  Not sure the photos show that.




Now,  transformed for my studio.  I think I need to finish this painting soon.  Perhaps it will be abstract.



Jim also managed to fit everything in and will be able to ditch the file boxes since there is storage room for them elsewhere.  He is also thrilled to be able to fully recline and watch his TV and we now get an amazing number of channels free since the Laguna Vista includes that in the rent.