Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Photos

My phone isn't uploading but my camera turned up so I took some photos.  I'll soon be going for a swim so will take some of our wonderful pool.

Chaos still reigns.  Elaine,  you can see I couldn't resist opening your birthday gift...a wonderful cushion with a Paris design and some lovely lavender soap and a dish from Provence.....my two favourite places in the world next to Vancouver.   Thank you,  dear friend, and Happy Birthday!



The fridge is on the small side but the lower part is freezer so that is copious.  But,  it is the quietest fridge we have ever encountered....unbelievable!  And you know what fanatics we are when it comes to noise.

Of course our newspaper arrived in our new place our first morning.  They really get delivery right.


You should have seen it when the movers finished!



Our balcony is much bigger and the balconies are designed so they are all private.



This is our view over Lost Lagoon.  The mountains are shrouded in cloud today.  Mostly deciduous trees in front so will be interesting to see them get their autumn colours and the view when the leaves are down.




To the right we see this wonderful mid-century type modern building like my favourite building in Palm Spring...the Chase National Bank.  For five years I have driven along Lagoon Drive to get to the Robson Street Safeway and always admired this building.  Now it's on view all the time.




We love this apartment building beside us as well.



You can't see it now but at night there is a wonderful orange globe light that comes on to the right of the streetlight.  It reminds of of our wonderful street lights in Carqueiranne when we had the place on the port.



View out the master bedroom....I love this tree!



And the view to the right off the master bedroom.  This old apartment building is the West End of Vancouver before the highrises began.  I love seeing it....but wouldn't want to live in it!