Saturday, June 18, 2016

The Happiness Equation

I just gotta love a book that states at the beginning:   "Three Ways to Get the Most out of this Book"

#1 is "Agree to Disagree"

Well,  of course i didn't even both reading the other ones.

So far the first parts are mainly how I live my life anyway but I did really like a story about the Buddha about deflecting criticism and resentment.  I realize I do react too much to criticism and resentment and feel I need to own it.  Not the Buddha....

I think my blog readers are smart enough to get the idea from the last paragraph (and I don't feel like typing it all out....)

"Whoever returns insult to one who is insulting,  returns taunts to one who is taunting,  returns a berating to one who is berating, is eating together,  sharing company with that person.  But I am neither eating together nor sharing your company.  It's all yours.  It's all yours."