Friday, June 17, 2016

Over to West Van today

I love going over the Lion's Gate Bridge and we really haven't got into a tie up.  We do plan our times,  though.  We went over to use our gift cards at Indigo that Elaine gave us and to take a look at the new Simon's.  I wanted to go mainly to see the local art but there didn't seem to be much of that in the end.  They do try to incorporate local art.  At any rate,  we were both impressed with the store in terms of very attractive and stylish items but prices didn't seem to be over the top.  Seems like they have a combo of designer and more reasonable items so folks can mix and match.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1690731/quebec-based-clothing-retailer-simons-to-expand-stores-across-canada/






Well,  Jim had a had a bad case of "sticker shock" with the book prices.   We are used to paying 10 -25 cents for a book.   I went specifically to buy the Vancouver Tree Book which was in stock a couple of days ago but now sold out.  But I found something:



I was attracted to the equation (probably the only equation I have been attracted to...) and then I turned to a chapter called "The Single Best Piece of Advice  You'll Ever Take"

Drum roll....

"Don't Take Advice"

Well,  everyone who knows me would know I couldn't resist a book that advised that!

And then we went to White Spot to try their halibut and chips since now that halibut is in season,  they offer this on the menu.   Ok,  but you can't beat C-Lovers and you can get mushy peas there  to boot.